Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tuesday 10th May - race info

Morning everyone! Something I should have announced last night but which got lost with all of the results was a reminder that next Tuesday will be slightly different as there are two races on in the racing calendar on 10th May.

The first is the first Mystery 5k of the year at the Mystery Park in Wavertree. The race starts at 7:15 and you have to have registered by 7pm at the latest in the club house at Wavertree Athletics Track. Last year it was £2 for club members and I haven't heard that it has changed this year.

The other race is the Thurstaston Multi Terrain race in the Wirral, again a 7:15 start. £4 for club members to enter in advance or £5 on the night. It is part of our Off Road Championships -More info on that race here: http://www.stevesaunders.co.uk/openingframe.htm

If you don't want to do either race, people will, I'm sure, still meet at Garston at the normal time, however those present will need to arrange sessions between themselves for that night as a large majority of the club will be running at the races.

Re: Tuesday 10th May - race info

There's plenty more opportunities to do the Mystery, and plenty more opportunities to do a 5k PB every week. Thurstaston is but once a year with the orange glow of sunset over the Dee as you gallop along the shoreline and trot through the Wirral way with a Mars bar and a hug* waiting at the end.

Hopefully I've swayed you all to ascend on west Wirral next Tuesday, to get you off the tarmac and onto some natural terrain the way running was intended

*Hug optional
[course suitable for road shoes for the newbs]

Re: Tuesday 10th May - race info

Good call Neil.

Also worth mentioning that this race is also the second race in the Tour of Merseyside in July so people competing in that might welcome the chance to reccy the course