Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Final reminder - Membership Renewals

*Long Post Warning*

Dear All, after Andy Cantwell's 'Good Cop' appeal for members to renew their memberships yesterday I'm afraid it is time for me to be the 'Bad Cop' in all of this.

Despite repeated requests where I'm sure all of you that have already renewed are sick of hearing from me, we still had people racing in the club vest last night at the Mystery who have not renewed their membership for this season.
We are now reaching the point this week where we are six weeks into the new season and beyond where the membership became due for renewal. The club constitution makes provision for this stating 'Members having arrears of subscriptions of more than six weeks will have their membership automatically terminated and will not be eligible to participate in the affairs or activities of the Club, including voting in any General Meeting.' We will reach this time frame this week so I urge people to renew your memberships now.

We are all volunteers in our roles for the club and we can spend our volunteer time in far better ways than having to chase up non-renewals. I will be starting to directly contact those that have not renewed in the coming days to determine whether you intend to remain as a member of the club or not.

Please remember that you must renew through the Webcollect site, not any other method. If you have an old standing order from previous years still set up this should have been cancelled last year and payment made through Webcollect. If you have made another Standing Order payment this year please notify us and we will refund it. You must pay through Webcollect.

I believe our membership fee represents fantastic value and is the lifeblood of our club to keep it ticking over smoothly with all the various expenses that exist. I'm sure all those that have already renewed will join me in asking for those that haven't to do so now. It is unfair to expect to not have to follow the timeframe that everyone else has followed.

Apologies for the tone of this email but we have tried repeatedly to positively encourage members to renew over the past couple of months without success. Many thanks for your continued support.

https://webcollect.org.uk/pls

Re: Final reminder - Membership Renewals

Very well said Chris, time and effort from the committee on this one is far to much, pay your dues and wear the vest, or put the vest in the drawer.