Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Volunteers

What's happening? I am currently experiencing an overwhelming urge to express my gratitude for things people do for me and others. I am calling it a 'phase of appreciation'. Will it last? I've no idea, but like it or not it is now the turn of PLS

I doff my hat and raise my glass to all PLS volunteers, to the: committee members, team captains, leaders of the different groups, members who look after the kit, the social secretary and to anyone who helps in any way to keep PLS ticking over and, since I only attend every Preston Guild, particularly to those who put together the website, produce the Striding Report, take and present photos of different runners and events, for these help keep me informed and in touch with what is happening in the club. Over the years PLS has made a really valuable contribution to the life of people from 'our neck of the woods' and to the city in general. My congratulations therefore go also to those who in the past have given of their time and energies to do their bit for the club. Volunteers of today are continuing this sterling work and, although it's probably not often mentioned, nonetheless your input is greatly appreciated not just by me but I'm sure by all the other members as well. Great stuff. You're all marvellous.

Phew! Well, I've that off my chest and have nothing more to say on the matter. Now I need a lie down.

Re: Volunteers

Thank you Phil, much appreciated!

Re: Volunteers

I just couldn't help myself. Thanks Claire.