Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
5k runs

Hi all,

I'm new to running and was wondering how often you do 5k as a club. Also I've yet to get down to a meeting but I seem to be averaging 31 minutes so don't want to be holding anyone up is their a slower group so to speak that can improve times over the coming months or am I better trying to improve my times before coming to the club events on Tuesday's and Thursday.

Thanks
Ryan

Re: 5k runs

Hi Ryan,
31 minutes for a 5k wouldn't be slowing anyone down in Group 5. If you want to come along and give us a go, I'd suggest maybe trying a Tuesday session. We usually do intervals on Tuesdays covering a shorter distance. For group 5 it's probably about 3-4 miles with rests in between. You can then build up to a longer distance and try out a Thursday session which is usually a steadier run of 5+ miles. Our sessions are an hour long. There's also Get Going Garston who meet before our sessions too, which are ideal for those wishing to progress from 5k to 10k. These sessions are led by some of our members and lots of our members take part in them too and some have progressed through to group 4 and 5 since starting at Get Going. https://www.facebook.com/getgoinggarston/
Hope to see you around soon!