Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NW Road Relays Saturday 10th September @2:30pm, Delamere Forest

Final Call for any of the boys who are ready, willing and able to represent the club at the NW Road Relays on Saturday 10th September at 2:30pm.

It's a great day out and lots of fun!

Ta La's

Re: NW Road Relays Saturday 10th September @2:30pm, Delamere Forest

Good Afternoon All,

Firstly, thank you everybody for your patience and understanding as I bang on about relays week after week! Thank you too for letting me know if you were available or not.

I am very pleased to announce that we have 5 complete teams for the event next Saturday, which I think is a tremendous achievement. This will see go noticed at an event like this.

Here are the names of the 20 athletes that have confirmed participation and have been entered:

Barry Bright
James Malone
Andy Keeley
Colin Dobbs
Stephen Watkin
Richard Stafford
Ste Maguire
Ian Russell
Chris Lee
Alex Cowin
Nigel Foo
Simone Capponi
Nigel Grant
Ian Crispin
Martin Swensson
Gavin Melia
Phil Macklin
John Jensen
Robert Garth
Lawrence Eccles

I think we should centralise communications to here for the event and arrange meeting points and car shares here.

Remember, club vests MUST be worn and on that note, if anybody has any spare vest- can you bring them along just in case please?

I have room in my car for one more as I am bringing the two little ones with me, Phoebe and Phil Macklin!

Also, I will need to get hold of the tent and the club sails. Does anybody know their whereabouts?

Ta La's

Does anyone have a spare vest? Pref large?

I need a vest too ( medium if poss)

Obviously happy to buy one once available!

Should have spaces in car if anyone struggling (depends if wife and kids coming but doubt they will)

I have also entered the women's teams today, we have 3 full women's teams which is a great achievement! As Andy said, club vests need to be worn. We start at 1.15pm so will need to be there earlier than the men's team.

If anyone has any preferences for running order, please let me know. These are the teams but running order not confirmed yet.

Katie Johnson
Louise Warn
Charlotte Rawcliffe

Pamela Thurtle
Katy Barry
Anna Watkin

Kerry Quinton
Cheryl Pace
Helen Osborne

I can drive and take 3 others too. Maybe if we all meet at Garston for 11.45 and arrange car-pooling then? (I need to pick up numbers on the day so want enough time for parking, etc) If you are making your own way there just let me know.

Helen,

It could take up to 45 mins to get to Delamere, and the bib collection can also slow things down considerably.
I would leave earlier than 1145 if I were you.

Ciao
Simo

Not so little anymore, 3 months out with injury and comforting myself with Malborough Sauvingon Blanc has taken its toll!

Looking forward to this - my first time representing the club at one of these events after being here for 4 years! Everyone else up for it?
Has everyone got their rides sorted for getting up there?

Should be a really good day this! I did the Heaton Park relays a couple of years ago when we met Steve Cram- has anyone got a copy of the photo he asked to have taken with us?

I could do with a lift there, are we meeting at Garston first?

I'll have spaces in my car if anyone needs a lift. Just let me know. What's the chances of being back in time for the match?

Boys,
I'd say 1230 at the latest for lifts
See you at garston Saturday!
Ciao
Simo

Ps. Chris, there's always a first time for everything ;D

I am going straight from work to Delamere, however will have an empty car if anyone needs a lift back..

Cheers

Rich

For anybody who hasn't taken part in the road relays before, it's a brilliant event. Each leg is a race within a race and every second counts towards the overall team result. The course is usually quite a small loop with lots places to watch and support each other. If we can get four full mens teams out, that would be a great achievement for the club. Well done Andy for getting us organised! See you all there on Saturday. Have we tracked down the tent and the sail? It makes it much easier to meet up on the day if we have them.

Quick question is the parking/Start in the main car park near the train station/coffee shop or the one in Delamere forest on the left as you come in from Liverpool.
Thanks

The first one Nigel,
There are also other car parks you can use, including the one you mentioned and the free of charge one in Hatchmere (Barnsbridge), see below

Car Parking at Delamere

Firstly, thanks to Simo for the car parking info!

Teams and Legs

Team 39
Martin Swensson
Lawrence Eccles
Alex Cowin
Stephen Watkin

Team 40
Colin Dobbs
Ian Crispin
Robert Garth
Chris Lee

Team 41
Nigel Grant
John Jensen
Ian Russell
Andrew Keeley

Team 42
Simone Capponi
James Malone
Phil Macklin
Steven Maguire

Team 43
Nigel Foo
Gavin Melia
Richard Stafford
Barry Bright*

Last shout for the tent and sails??? Anybody???

I'll see you there around 1.30ish.

Rob

Parking is pay and display and it is £6. Bring cash!

Relays pictures coming up here

http://www.racephotos.org.uk/

Brilliant effort by everybody who ran or supported at the road relays yesterday. Really sorry I didn't get to see all the runners on the final leg, I had to dash off to Anfield and just about made it for the kick off!

Nige told me last night that our Mens A team had won a bronze county medal for Merseyside. That's a fantastic achievement for our club against some top competition, and a tremendous team effort! Well done guys for running a storming race to bring home those medals and thanks for kindly collecting my medal at the presentation. I know we had a team photo before the race but it would be great if we could get together in the next couple of weeks for another team photo with our medals!

Cheers and great running!

Martin