Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Northern Road Relays, Sunday 25th September 2016, Manchester SportCity

Good Afternoon Everybody,

Even though I am not well, I am currently bobbing around the ceiling like a Big, Bronze Helium Balloon after our display at the NW Relays yesterday.

In an attempt to ride the wave and keep the momentum going, it is time now to get spike your interest and get the ball rolling for the Northern Relays in two weeks.

There is a close deadline for this as the (very strict) closing date for entries is Monday 19th September, so we have 8 days to get this all in place.

Men's Race
This is for teams of six with equal legs of roughly 5.5km. The race kicks off at 2pm and we can enter as many teams as we can fill.

Women's Race
This is for teams of four with equal legs of roughly 5.5km. The race kicks off at 2.05pm and again, we can enter as many teams as we can fill.

The top 25 teams (but no more than two from any club) earn qualification into the National Road Relays so there really is a lot to play for.

So, who is in? If you are available and willing...please reply below and Helen, Sharon, Colin and I can get the entry process underway.

Yeerrsss!

Re: Northern Road Relays, Sunday 25th September 2016, Manchester SportCity

Andy, I'm in!
Can I be put on first leg please?
Ta very much

Simo

Count me in Andy. Looking forward to it! should be another great day.

Me too please Andy / Helen. I promise to be fit by then! #sicknote

Claire Meadows
Me too please Andy / Helen. I promise to be fit by then! #sicknote

You're on my list Let me know how you get on though, can always put you down as a reserve. Don't want to make your injury worse!

Here goes!

Your club needs you! Not to make sure it wins. Not to make sure it qualifies. Not to win medals. They are all lovely things, granted. But your club needs you to be there in the black and white. Your club needs you to be there with a great big smile on your face, making noise and having a great time. Your club needs you to be there to show the world how bloody brilliant this club and its people are!!

We don't care if you are faster/slower, taller/shorter, bigger/smaller...we just want you to be a part of great things, building great running memories, and getting the chance to say "was there then"!

My friends...this is my call to arms, my battle cry!

Northern Relays, 25/09/16, 2pm, Manchester SportCity. Sign up here.

Fanks fer yer tarm!

Last call for runners in this event! It's going to be great!

Deadline Day! Tick Tock...it looks like we are going to be two short of four full teams. Which, is a great turnout!

In a desperate attempt to rally the troops so that we can have four teams of six...I will get the expensive ham for the butties this time.

Gents...search your soul, cage the chimp and get your relay on!

#just2more

Entries have gone in. Watch this space for all the info you will need and also meeting times and car shares. It's gonna be boss la!

1200 sharp at the sport centre for early legs car sharing...
be there or be square!

Ciao
Simo

The Entries have been made for the Northern Relays on Sunday 25th September in Manchester SportCity, which is essentially The Etihad Stadium Complex. The Men's event starts at 2pm and I have noticed that Simo has started a thread about car sharing and meeting at Garston SC at 12pm, cheers la.
I haven't submitted the teams yet so here are the names of those who are competing for the Men's teams:
Andy Hodson
Adam McGlory
James Stansfield
Mike Devereux
Martin Swensson
Jay Clarke
Phil Riding
Paul Hughes
Ian Crispin
Alex Cowin
Simo Capponi
Greg Hocking
Mal Gordon
David Webb
Lee Warburton
Gavin Melia
Marc Goudie
Andy Biddle
Phil Macklin
Me
Jerome Doyle
Marc Littlefield

Everybody needs a vest so if you can make sure you bring it along. If you have any spares, bring them too in case we have any guys or girls without a vest.

This is going to posted on the Forum too, so if you can sort out lifts and car shares on either of them that will be great.

Let's go and have a great time and a jolly good go at these relays!!!

I have just been informed that the legs in the Men's event are 6.4km each. So there...

Its going to be a great day.Well done to Andy and Helen.

Thanks again to everyone for taking part in the northern road relays, yet another excellent day out for Penny Lane! I've really enjoyed my first 2 road relays as women's captain, it really shows off everything that makes the club so special - teamwork, pride, support, inclusiveness and a top picnic too.

Best brownies ever!