Return to Website

karnATik message board

Looking for lyrics, songs, meanings? Want to discuss ragas, concerts, singers? Post here and let your views be known!

karnATik message board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Thillana Help Please

Hello

I was wondering if somebody knew where I could get a copy of the thillana in ragam amruthavarshini, talam adi. I don't know who composed it but knows that it starts of as dhimna natha tithana... I know that this is not a Balamuralikrishna composition though.

Thanks
shruti

Re: Thillana Help Please

I have two tillAnAs below but neither starts with the wording you have given.

dhImta dhImta. rAgA: amrtavarSiNi. Adi tALA. Composer: Madurai N.Krishnan.

P: dhImta dhImta dhImta dhIm dhiranA nAdhru tnita tom dhru tAnita tana dhirana jhaNuta dhimita kiTata
A: tA tA dhI dhI tom tom nam nam jhaNU taka tAm sa* gA* ni sA* pa nI ma pA sa gA ni sA tadingiNatom
tAkiTa kiTataka dhIm nam tarikiTataka tAm namta nam takiTa tA dhIngiNatom tAdhIngiNatom tAdhIngiNatom
sa gA ga mA ma pA pa nI sA* sa* nI ni pA pa mA ma gA sA tarikiTa tOm tarikiTatOm tarikiTatOm tarikiTatOm
tarikiTatOm tarikiTa tarikiTa tOm
C: svara jnAna svarUpiNi vINA pustaka dhAriNi shrI sarasvati amrtavarSaNi krSNadAsEna vandita vandita
(repeat anupallavi and end)

nA dhru tadhIm. rAgA: amrtavarSiNi. Adi tALA. Composer: S.Maralingam.

P: nA dhru tadhIm dhirana dhImta dhiranA nadhru tAni tom dhru tAni dhImtana dhirana dhirana
A: nAdhru dhIm tarana tatani udani tAni tAm takiTa tadhimi taka tadingiNatOm
C: vaLLi maNavALa puLLi mayilErum vaLLalE vaDivElanE
aLLi paruga valla azhaganE aruL shei linga dAsanuk-kiniyavanE guhanE
(sholkaTTu)
tAm takiTa taka tadhimi ni pa ma ga dha jham tanatakajhaNu taka tanam tanaka
tanam tarIm takajjhaNum pa ni sa* ga* ma gA dha jhaNu sa ni pa ma ga tadingiNatOm

Re: Re: Thillana Help Please

Thanks for the reply but it's not those two. Maybe I have the wrong raga but here is what the charanam says. Please excuse my spelling mistakes.

Sukarashtra surupastha sukshma nakashatra devata
kinkinya kansarachita ekaikanbouli kantaram
bandilya nila suthrena prathimeshtya tridhampura
padvi chatatpayum chathampadvi
padayonatya karini

Hope this helps. Again thanks for your help.

Shruti

Re: Re: Re: Thillana Help Please

There are tillanAs in this raga by Ravikiran, S.Rajeshvari and V.Subramaniam for which I don't have the lyrics but I could not match the caraNa with any of the 350 odd tillAnas that I have.
Is the audio of this available somewhere? any other info would be useful in locating it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thillana Help Please

There is an audio for this song on casette which I don't know the name of. The person who gave me the little clip of the caranam, won't let me record the rest of the song hence why i'm trying to find it myself.

I'll try to record the clip i've got and send you the link to listen to it.

Hope that will help.
Again Thanks,
Shruti

Re: Re: Re: Thillana Help Please

There are tillAnAs by Chitravina Ravikiran, S.Rajeshvari and V.Subramaniam but I don't have the lyrics for these.
I tried to match the words you have given with the texts of some 350 odd tillAnAs that I have but without success.
Do you have a recording of this and is the audio available somewhere on the net?
Any other information would help to locate the lyrics.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thillana Help Please

Hello

I have managed to get the two clips i have from the song onto a file. I will email you the files but you might have to add me to your contacts list since hotmail will send me to you junk folder.

More than the lyrics, I'm looking for a cd or tape from the artist itself that i may purchase. plus the meaning of the caranam.

Please let me know if this is ok.

Thanks
Shruti