Return to Website

karnATik message board

Looking for lyrics, songs, meanings? Want to discuss ragas, concerts, singers? Post here and let your views be known!

karnATik message board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Meaning of "narayanaa ninna namada..."

Hi,

Can anybody give me the meaning to the lyrics of "Narayana Ninna Namada..."? This is in Suddhadhanyasi Ragam composed by Purandara Dasa.

Thanks!

Regards,

Sukanya

Re: Meaning of "narayanaa ninna namada..."

"NARAYANA" = Lord Narayana
"NINNA" = your
"NAMADA" =name's
What I have mentioned above are the closest equivalents of the kannada words. However, these by themselves would not convey the message of the pallavi which goes - "NARAYANA, NINNA NAMADA SMARANEYA SARAMRITHAVU ENNA NALIGEGE BARALI". Purandaradasa appeals to lord Narayana that his tongue (NALIGE) get the essence of the chanting of the Lord's name. I hope you are satisfied with this.
By the way, can you give me the details of a Dik****ar Krithi "HIMAGIRI KUMARI, SHANKARI" . The genius composed this piece in a raga called "RAVIKRIYA" in the asampoorna mela paddathi. What's the moorchana of this raga? Have you heard this piece?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi,

Can anybody give me the meaning to the lyrics of "Narayana Ninna Namada..."? This is in Suddhadhanyasi Ragam composed by Purandara Dasa.

Thanks!

Regards,

Sukanya

Re: Meaning of "narayanaa ninna namada..."

Subbarama Dik****ar's version of the scale for ravikriyA:
SRSGRGMPDN/SNPMGRS