Return to Website

PUMA OWNER'S FORUM

A place for Puma owners and enthusiasts to ask questions, provide answers, and post information of interest.

PUMA OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Still looking for the window opening hardware

Need all the hardware to make both windows go up and down. My GTC is an 83 that had electric openers, but the motors went bad (the magnets broke up), so I need to convert it to manual openers. Purring Pumas has some of the parts, but all of them. I am again driving to California in late May, and could pick up even whole doors. We are traveling through Iowa, KC Mo area, Kansas, New Mexico, Arizona, and southern California.
Best regards,
Jim

Re: Still looking for the window opening hardware

Jim, One of my magnets broke and I sourced some early Ford motor and gearbox units, I think from a Mustang, they were close enough that I was able to make them work by adding some spacers and welding up and relocating a hole in the mount plate

Thanks Paul. The drive gears are stripped inside as well, and although it appears the gears may still be available in Brazil, I have been warned that they stink. I am hoping to install manual operators instead.

I have looked at modifying the existing quadrant gear and lifting arm from the electric window system. I have considered fitting a manual crank and gear to engage with the quadrant gear and therefore allow for removal of the electric motors. It looks like it could be figured out without too great a difficulty. This would keep you away from the stock pulley and cable system.

Thanks!