Return to Website

PUMA OWNER'S FORUM

A place for Puma owners and enthusiasts to ask questions, provide answers, and post information of interest.

PUMA OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Headroom

I am looking at 2 different puma to buy, have never seen one in person.
I am 75 and 6 ft, concerned about head room in the coupe.
Anyone at 6 or taller every tried to fit comfortable in one.
I searched online but very little.info.
Thank you chuck starkey

Re: Headroom

From a headroom standpoint, you should "just" fit. Perhaps a greater concern should be the difficulty getting in and out of the car. The seats are much lower than a bug, or even a Karmann Ghia. You need to see one and try it out. Perhaps there are Pumas close to you you that you could try out the seats? Where are you located?
Best regards,
Jim

I live in missouri, I have owned Porsche 911, and 914 , understand getting in and out

Are you looking at the Puma in Oakbrook, IL? I live in Naperville.
Best regards,
Jim

I did look at one I saw on the samba that was in Illinois, but I think I have found a roadster ragtop.
In my porsche 356 with the tip on it was hard to get in and out and very little headroom, I drove it without the top unless I ran into bad weather.
I am going to try to buy the convertible so I'll have no problems.
Thanks to all for the help.

I'm 6'2" and have a '77 with the factory sunroof. I installed PRP roadster seats, and have just a couple of inches above my head...No sliders, just bolted to the floor...

Hi Joel
I drive a 1984 GTI in British Columbia Canada.
I am interested to have more details on your seat choice and source.
My GTI has 3,000 km on it with original brown leather seats.
I am 70 6’1 220lbs and find entry a little tight but comfortable one in the seat and stretched out.
Mike