Return to Website

PUMA OWNER'S FORUM

A place for Puma owners and enthusiasts to ask questions, provide answers, and post information of interest.

PUMA OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1984 gtc

Well it's been 6 months and have decided my puma is a great cruiser. I live at lake pomme de terra in missouri and have miles of 2 lane back roads to drive. Have to watch out for deer, but other than that it is a great place to own puma.
NOW, if I could only get department of motor vehicles and highway patrol inspectors to get all their ducks in a row and get the title transferred in my name, I have been trying for 6 months.

With virus, both departments moving dead slow, wait time on phone to dmv is over an hour, 2 weeks for them to return email.
Highway patrol takes 1 to 2 months to get inspection appointment. It has been tough, now they say they cannot find the vin number breman sports put on the car in 1984 when they assembled the car.
Only way missouri will give me a new title is to title it a reproduction special build, and assign a new vin number.
What a nightmare headache it has been, and I'm still not done.

Re: 1984 gtc

Charles,
The VIN # is not stamped on the tunnel near the rear access panel?
Best regards,
Jim

I did not even know there was a rear access panel, I'll look in my puma book and see if I can find it.
Thanks

It's on top of the chassis tunnel. All the way back. It may be covered with carpet.
Best regards,
Jim

A fantastic article you shared to us. All Social Updates Thanks for all the great information which you have told to us in this article.