Return to Website

PUMA OWNER'S FORUM

A place for Puma owners and enthusiasts to ask questions, provide answers, and post information of interest.

PUMA OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Puma Inner Bumper Mount ?

Anyone have a idea for a good replacement part for the bumper mounts. I have an '86 puma and just recently took off the rubber bumper molding strips to replace. I have new rubbers from Purring Pumas (Thank you as always) but it seems the inner metal "rail" that the rubbers mounts to is really crusty and rusty. they are beyond striping and powder coating... they are shot. So, I'm asking if anyone has any ideas of a good replacement. Thanks for your time. Shawn

Re: Puma Inner Bumper Mount ?

Shawn:

Do you have any detailed photos you can send?

I have tons of exotic fastener catalogs, and may be able to source it. I would look at mine, but it's too cold to look at it.

I sourced several clips earlier this year for a vintage Benz for a friend, so I might be able to help, and purchase some too for my '81 GTC.

Dave Riedle

Hi Shawn
If I am thinking of the same part you are I just got some flat steel 3/16th x 2" x the length of the bumper and then I added the bends. Once the metal was shapped I drilled holes and countersunk 1/4-20 scerws in and wielded them in.I hope this helps. You may also what to check out the two 2&1/4" pipes in your front truck for rot. They run from just behind the front bumper and go to just infront of the front beam. I had to replace mine.
If this is not clear enough I can send some pics.

Thanks Jamie

Hi:
The only OFFICIAL PUMA FACTORY REP LEFT IN BRAZIL, will be able to help you.

SUPERCLAR
superclar@uol.com.br

Good luck

Mike Friedmann
US INTL TRADING LLC
ORLANDO FL