Return to Website

PUMA OWNER'S FORUM

A place for Puma owners and enthusiasts to ask questions, provide answers, and post information of interest.

PUMA OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Looking for Puma

Thank you Jim. I'll review Ebay as well. Unfortunately, the Samba had one at $7500 and one at $9500 euros. While I'm sure the cars are in pristine condition, and command that price, it is well outside my budget :( Hopefully we'll come across a project unit.
Thank you.

You should be able to find one in the US or Canada for much less. Just touch base on those sites every day. You also might let the folks at Purring Pumas know you are looking in case they come across one. www.purringpumas.com
Best regards,
Jim

The Puma in Oklahoma City is down to $5,500.00 (from $7,500). It might be worth considering. www.thesamba.com Search: Puma
Best regards,
Jim

I was looking at that listing yesterday. what a beauty.

Considering the shape and engine, I don't know if you could find one for less money.
Best regards,
Jim

What an adventure for you and your Dad. Make a down payment the car, have the owner change the oil, tune it up, fly into Oklahoma City, pay the owner the balance and drive it home! A trip you would never forget!
Best regards,
Jim

paid 6000.00 before all the work..new heads, tires, windshield is brand new. i'm taking a hit selling it, ever got to drive it. Not sure where you're at but i'm in michigan. I'd like to get 7500.00 for it..all it needs is the door panels redone and the seats i have seat covers on. If still looking or know of anyone please email me. Only reason I'm selling it is because hubs up and left after 21 yrs and not paying a dime on the mortgage.

Hi,

I am not sure if you are still looking for a Puma or not. But just in case...
Otherwise I will place a add for it here on the Forum and in other Puma and VW related sites.

I am in Southern California, and I have a 1984 Convertible white Puma. The engine has been replaced before I bought it in 2006; it currently has a VW 1500, 1965 running on 2 Solex carburetors with K&N filters. It runs great and fun, and I have no issues with it.
The wheels are the original Puma ones!

Body, convertible top, seats, carpets, etc... Everything is in great condition.

I have replaced some small cosmetic components with original parts, all gauges work.

It has a new CD player with MP3. Also I still have the original parts I replaced and a few other spare parts.

When I bought it, I drove it all the way from San Francisco to Los Angeles... great trip!

I am just considering selling because my son will soon go to college and he will need a car... he cannot drive stick "yet"! ;-)

Any way... if you want to see pictures of it, let me know and I can send you.

My asking price is pretty much what I have paid for it, plus some of the replaced parts, which US$ 7K.

I loved this car...and I am positive you father will enjoy it too.

Sincerely,
Ren