Return to Website

PUMA OWNER'S FORUM

A place for Puma owners and enthusiasts to ask questions, provide answers, and post information of interest.

PUMA OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
'87 GTI

Thank you all for your generous help in locating my new car. I purchased this GTI near my home thanks to this sight.

I am having some trouble finding key blanks and would like to re-key the car so that one key opens everything. I'll try purring Puma but I'm open to suggestions.

This Puma has a 2010 engine built by a good local shop (Bow Wow) and the odometer reads around 40,000 k.

I have some tuning/exhaust leak issues that I'm not too worried about however I seem to have a short in the right parking light, tail light and instrument light circuit. I shall clean up all the connectors and see what happens.

Re: '87 GTI

I found blanks at American Lock and Key, here in LaCrosse but they had to be ordered and cost was about 20 bucks a piece, decided against it ...hope this helps.

Re: '87 GTI

Are you in Washington state? I also have an 87' GTI with similar key issues. I believe there is an ignition key option that can be used from a VW Type2? Not 100% sure. The current key set up is more of the Italian ignition key and a traditional VW door key.