Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"The Charlie Chan Films"...a MUST for Chan fans!

Dear CCF members and friends,

I just received my copy of the just-released book, "The Charlie Chan Films," by James L Neibaur, and, glancing through it, it looks GREAT! Plenty of photos and lots of information, including fresh insights and content. I greatly enjoyed the information found in an article included from 'The Chinese Mirror: A Journal of Chinese Film History' from 2008 (found on pages 277-278) regarding the impact of Charlie Chan on Mr. Chan's homeland. The author also includes information stemming from 1971 telephone interviews that he conducted with Mantan Moreland. On my first thumb-throughs I found a few of these, and I can guarantee that they are going to be fun to come across by readers, myself included!

In short, GET THIS BOOK! Any fan of Charlie Chan will not be disappointed! You will find it at Amazon at this address: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=The+Charlie+Chan+Films%2C+by+James+L+Neibaur

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Re: "The Charlie Chan Films"...a MUST for Chan fans!

Thank you for reviewing the book. Looks like I'll be dropping hints for a Father's Day present!!

Re: "The Charlie Chan Films"...a MUST for Chan fans!

Dear John,

AH! Great idea!

I have found a few smallish errors so far (a typo: "Der," and a couple of slight stumbles in a story synopsis), but nothing yet that does any "harm." Great job so far otherwise, and I am loving the book.

Take care, and may your Fathers Day wish come true!

Sincerely,
Rush