Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Living Charlie Chan actors/actresses

Rush, humble assistant in Cleveland has no luck finding whereabouts of Mrs. Moustafa. Wish you much luck if you endeavor same path. T.Y.S.M.

Yes, Lou, it would be the proverbial needle in the stack of hay. At least the name is unique enough for a chance in finding her. However, at age 98, the chances are that Ms. Moustafa either lives in virtual obscurity or passed away in that obscurity without the fact having been noted publicly. Still, we can search...

Sincerely,
Rush

I did find this: https://hjwollstein.blogspot.com/2011/09/amira-moustafa-dangerous-money.html

Thank you, Stuart! An interesting "take" on "Dangerous Money" and Amira Moustafa. It is interesting, and even a little puzzling, to note that her film career spans only tow years and three movies.

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Thats pretty cool! We also have Phyllis Coates still alive!

Yes, Scott! However, you are both right and "wrong." There is the Lois Lane connection, but the Lois Lane you were thinking of is Noel Neill who was in "The Sky Dragon" and who sadly left us in 2016.

Interestingly, I had the opportunity some years ago to ask Noel Neill if she had any recollections she could share on the filming of "The Sky Dragon," but she told me she could not recall anything about that picture. (We should perhaps remember, though, that Monogram Pictures, being on a tight budget, shot their movies rather quickly, thus not making a lasting imprint on among the collected memories of some participants!)

Thank you, Scott!

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Ah yes Rush, the wrong Lois (at least as far as Charlie is concerned!) But still who can forget Phyllis in that episode of "Superman and the Molemen!" One of my personal favorites. Great dialog!

Oh right! Phyllis was in a Monogram film but its a Bowery Boys fulm, perhaps their best film! Too bad Noel didn’t recall anything. And yes Phyllis was great in the movie and first season of Superman!

Agreed!

-Rush