Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lou

Dear Lou,

You are far too modest! YOU do ALL of the work on the yearly newsletters... therefore, they are rightfully YOURS!

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Lou

"Falling hurts least those who fly low" (Behind That Curtain, 1928, Chap 1:thinking_face: )

Re: Lou (My pre-order of your book arrived)

Hi, Lou,

My Amazon pre-order of your book arrived yesterday!

- Rush

Wow! That's great. I guess they are mailing them out a few days early to ensure they arrive on time. My cousin told me yesterday, she received her copy from Amazon also. T.Y.S.M. Lou

Lou,

I ordered your book on Amazon yesterday and it arrived today. Can’t wait to dive in. I’m sure it will be another great addition to the larger Charlie Chan literary legacy.

TYSM,
Henry

Henry, thanks for ordering the book of Aphorisms. I hope you enjoy it! Lou

Lou,

I just finished reading your book. I can honestly say it was very worth the read! Not just because it supports a fellow Chan enthusiast's effort to keep the great detective and his author alive and relevant but because it is a well written and very readable book. I especially liked the illustration under the title of the chapter on "The House Without a Key". Not sure anyone who did not read the original book will understand the significance of it. However, that is exactly why it was so cool to see. A nice little "Easter egg" such as it is.

Keep up the great work!

Thank you (so) much,
Henry

Henry, a thousand thanks. I glad you enjoyed the read. Hmm, "the figure beneath The House Without a Key?" If I get your meaning, you must be speaking of the gecko from Chapter 6, Beyond the Bamboo Curtain. That was one of my favorite scenes out of all the books! Lou

That is the one! For me it was a secret little reference (mystery in itself) that only those that read the book would understand. The rest might think "Why the geko?"

Thank you,
Henry