Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sons of Charlie Chan

"Volume 1" irritated me too.
The book has 472 pages.
In the reading sample the "Contents" lists a lot of chapters but ends with page 296 and "Son number two in ww2".
So maybe its about the Fox chans and volume 2 should have been about Monogram chans, Bonanza and Kung fu.

On facebook I found Yuyun Yuningsih Nollen. She made a post about the book on november 17th.
Alas she stated:
"I'm sure my late husband Scott Allen Nollen would have been very happy with the release of this book, because this is his last work"
rip

Dear Michael,

Thank you for the further information, Michael. Nice work tracking it down! Sadly, tragic news, in the end.

I may purchase the book...still considering.

Sincerely,
Rush

Dear Michael,

To add to the mystery, it seems Mr. Nollen passed away in 2021! Perhaps his wife or an associate, completed the publishing process for this, his final book? He was a prolific writer and had a LOT going on! I looked at his Wikipedia biography and it lacks important personal information such as his birth and death dates. Aldo, it seems it has not been updated for some time. His information at Internet Movie Database (IMDb) is pretty vast. This is where I found his birth and death dates (1963-2021). Here is the address: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2429534/

Sincerely,
Rush

The information regarding volume 1 is correct:
It's about the actors and ends 1943.

You can read the first few pages on amazon. It says Benson Fong lived in China from 1933 to 1940. So it's not him in OPERA.

This book may hold a lot interesting news.

Vol 2 starting with Monogram years is planned.