Christian's With Depression Message Board

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com 

Christian's With Depression Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Free me from my prison

Thanks for your advice. I know exactly what you mean when you say we have to force ourselves to pray and read the Bible because it is what we need even if it doesn't make us feel good immediately. I am trying to find a support group to go to for anxiety/depression. I want to be pro-active in this battle. I'm tired of letting Satan walk all over me. I know God saved me 15 yrs ago. I have to stand on that fact not the feelings I have when I am afraid. I heard a preacher say just this morning if he thought he could lose his salvation, he could never enjoy the journey. Keep in touch on this board or at bscott915@hotmail.com

Re: Free me from my prison

ever hear the song "God is in control"? (I think Twila Paris does it) that song used to really bug me because it said "we will choose to remember & never be shaken" and of course like every other Christian who has lived with depression or any other ilness I have been shaken. We all are. I changed the words in that part of the song "even though we are shaken" Please don't worry so much about your salvation. The bible says no one can pluck us out of is hand. God know how you feel and he feels it to. I know what you are goin thru I have been in & out of the hospital for years with depression and believe me each time you leave that hsopital (no matter how much you may hate being there -I always do) you will be scared because outside those doors is the real world and you may feel all alone but know that you are not> God is right there holding your hand and we are right here praying for you.

Re: Re: Free me from my prison

Thanks for your reply.
The hospital is usually good for me, but I don't always like it. I have to realize I have an illness, not a weakness. Some songs and things I hear bother me too, I feel like saying, try walking in my shoes. Even though our faith wavers, deep in our hearts we do believe God's Word. Fear just cripples us, and depression distracts us for a while.

Re: Free me from my prison

I know how you feel with the OCD and the obsessive, scary thoughts. I am 27 and I was in the hospital for 4 days in December of '05. I stopped eating and was extremely depressed and that is why my mom pretty much made me go in. I will be praying for you.

Remember, even when it seems dark and hopeless, God is there. The hardest thing to do is to not let your obsessions impact your beliefs.

God Bless You,