Christian's With Depression Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hi Sarita and all

Hi Sarita and Mar,

Sarita,

I am also sad to hear that you are not doing so well lately.

Have you thought of seeing a counsellor in addition to taking medication? The Word of God and Christian mentors are powerful, but I've found that a trained, professional Christian counsellor is also key in helping me with my depression. I also know of a Christian contact with depression who encourages people with depression to not be afraid to see a secular professional who has special knowledge of mental health and depression (e.g. a psych nurse, counsellor, etc.), but I would add that, as long as this professional's help does not contradict the Word of God. I am blessed right now to have my main care givers (counsellor, medical doctor) be Christians, but this was not always the case. My last medical doctor was not Christian as far as I know, but he had a special interest in mental health, and prescribed the medication that I still take.

So, Sarita, I pray for God to give you wisdom in the space you find yourself in right now.

Mar, I am so happy that you are seeing the counsellor regularly. I hope this is helping. Also, good for you for starting to look for a new job. This is difficult to do, especially when dealing with depression, but you can do it. I pray for you as your work within God's timing and will for your life during this difficult time.

It's great to hear from you both!

Laurie