Return to Website

Christian's With Depression Message Board

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com 

Christian's With Depression Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What have you learned about God from being depressed?

Thank you for asking this question. I needed to go through these verses again. I know all this but putting it to my walk is a different stroy. There are times I am walking these verses and then there are times when I have left what God has given me. He told me what I need to endure with this infirmity.

I strong suggest you to get back involved in church and daily reading God's word IF you are not. You will be surprised how the blessings with flow, just by being in fellowship. No it will not take the depression away, but you will learn more of God.

Hope to come back again soon and share some more.

I hope some more will share. I also suggest us to come and share again and again. There is so much we should be learning from God in the midst of our depression journey.

God bless.

p.s
If you want to email you are more than welcome too. I know somethings are hard to share publicly.

Re: Re: What have you learned about God from being depressed?

Thanks for the invite to e-mail.

At this point, I prefer to continue to post on the message board publicly, but the e-mail idea is a good option for those hesitant to share, or those wishing to share more in-depth information.

Lately, I have been blessed unexpectedly at my school. I loved my university days, but being an older student now who has just come from the workforce, I was hesitant to go back to school. However, God has blessed me with many friends in my program, and an opportunity to speak about mental health as part of a Business Communications class I am taking. I speak on Monday afternoon, and am nervous but also a bit excited because I have been praying to be able to speak out publicly about mental health conditions.

Let's continue to persevere and share together. We can help each other. It sure is helping me.

Welcome also to the new voices on this site!

Laurie

Re: what have you learned about God from being depressed?

I have had some trouble getting excited about reading God's word and Christian books. I believe God can help me with depression but hard to see my way out of it.