Christian's With Depression Message Board

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com 

Christian's With Depression Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
encouragement

My Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ.
I too, have suffered from depression for 10 years. At first, I didn't know what was happening to me. I had panic/anxiety attacks along with deep depression. I was scared to death. I didn't know what God was doing. I went to the Dr and he put me on Zoloft. It took about a month but the meds finally kicked in and I felt a lot better. If you suffer from depression and you haven't tried medication yet, I would recommend you doing that. It was a life saver for me.
I know all of you have asked, "Why God". He has never answered my question but He has given me a heart and compassion for all those who suffer with this disease. Unless someone has experienced what we have experienced they don't even have a clue on what we are going through. They think it's something we can shake but we can't. It's a chemical imbalance. It's lonely because other Christians just don't understand and neither do we.
I do know this though, God will NEVER let you be destroyed by this affliction. You may feel like you are going over the edge but I promise you, He won't let you go. Your nights may be dark but He is in the shadows and He will not let you go, even though you don't feel Him near.
Many famous Christians have experienced depression. Spurgeon, Luther, and David Brainard are just to name a few who have been afflicted. I would recommend going to Spurgeon's website and reading his sermons. The titles are: The Christian's Heaviness and Rejoicing", "Darkness before Dawn" and "The Sorrowful Man's Question". I think you will be greatly encouraged. You will also know that God has a plan in all of this. You are not suffering for nothing I guarantee it. He knows exactly what He is doing.
DO NOT feel guilty about not reading your bible or praying. He knows your heart and He will work it out, not you.
I love all of you even though I have never met you. My heart breaks but yet I know God has His reasons and one day we will know the answer to all our questions but until then, even though you feel the opposite, just tell Him you love Him and He will work it out. He will not.... and has not... forsaken you.
I'll be praying for all of you as I hope you will pray for me.
love in Christ
laura

Re: encouragement

Dear Laura,

What a blessing from God you are to me and to this site.

I agree so much in heart with what you said.

My story is much like yours.

I was praying for this site, that God would lead people to it who need to be here, that we would be able to encourage one another and lift up the name of God because of our problems with depression.

Part of the answer to my prayer is in you.

Laurie

Re: Re: encouragement

Thank you Laurie for your kind words. I'm sure there are a ton of Christians out there who are also struggling with depression and hopefully the Lord will lead them here. Talking with others who share the same affliction is like drinking a cup of cold water on a hot day. It's not that I take pleasure that others must also suffer with depression but it's encouraging to know that it's not you going crazy, or that God is mad at you.
I was always so embarrassed to tell other Christians that I had depression. I still struggle with it because they look at me like I'm nuts but now, finally, I can share my heart with all of you and we can go through this together. We have each other now and that is such a gift from God.
laura