Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com 

Christian's With Depression Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sadness and Loneliness

Hi Donna,
Welcome to the sight. I'm a 'newbie" too. I have only been visiting for a week or so. It's good to know that you are able to go to Bible study and read scripture. That is important.

Yes, black days are hard. I am so thankful that God never puts on us more than we can bare. He is faithful and is always with us even when we don't feel Him.

I have found that a lot of Christians don't understand clinical depression so they don't know how to minister to those of us who have it. Instead of coming a long side, they avoid us. That is pretty common. Depression is a lonely disease. It is not something you share readily with others because of their preconceived ideas.

I hope you will continue to visit here and read some of the past posts. They are really good and I think you will be encouraged by many of those who have suffered with deep depression and the wisdom they have to offer.
The Lord bless
laura

Hi Donna,

I'm sorry that you're feeling so low. It might not help much, but I know how you feel. I feel sad and alone a lot too. I hope you feel better soon. Just remember, this earth is not our home. Our real home is in heaven, where all of our tears will be dried.

Tom

I can relate to how you are feeling as well. I recently got off of paxil because I thought I was "healed" and before you know it I would up homeless, jobless and in a deep despaired depression. You are never alone and who knows maybe having clinical depression makes us more dependent upon the Lord so its a blessing in disguise. The main scripture verse I am encouraged by is Gal. 2:20 and Rom. 6. Christ is our very life since we were crucified with Him and have already been raised and are seated with Him in heaven. I have tried to alleviate the depression by focusing my thoughts on these realities and as a byproduct I cannot think of lies at the same time. We who have expereinced brokenness perhaps are called in the future to be sensitive to others Christ wants to save through us. They will know that we understand what they are going through without even opening our mouths. Take care now.