Return to Website

Christian's With Depression Message Board

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com 

Christian's With Depression Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Romans 8:18

"I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared to the glory that will be revealed in us." This verse from God's word provides priceless consolation for the future. No matter how bad the "present time" on earth gets, the sufferings will pale in comparison to the glory of life in heaven one day. This is the only thing I have to hang on to. The "sufferings of this present time" which I have in my life feel like they are going to crush me. It feels especially heavy and painful today. I can't wait for that happy day to finally arrive when I can go home to heaven's glory. The joy of being released from the presence of sin and all of it's dreadful effects. The joy of living in the presence of God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ forever. I can't wait.

Re: Romans 8:18

Oh Tom, I agree with you totally.
There are some days that are so bad, all I can think about is heaven. I am so glad we have that hope to hang onto. I used to dread getting old. I hated seeing my hair turning grey, but now, I see things differently. Every wrinkle, every grey hair, is only a sweet reminder that I am getting closer to going home. I don't dread birthdays anymore, I cherish them. It's one year closer to being with my Beloved. But until then, we must continue to run the race. I only hope and pray that I will hold fast and continue to press towards the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus (Phil 3:14)
laura