Return to Website

Christian's With Depression Message Board

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com 

Christian's With Depression Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Please pray for me

I've restarted taking my medication today. Please pray that it works. I'm feeling pretty out of it and out of control. I alternate between feeling hopeless and rageful. In the past few days, I've alienated both my mother and my sister with my temper. I worry obsessively about the future. I imagine terrible scenarios where I end up homeless or just jumping off a bridge. I long for the good old days when I merely felt bad, instead of feeling horrible. I really hope this round of medication works better than it has in the past. I seem to have a sensitive body; I get annoying side effects from medicine. I've let those side effects discourage me from sticking with the medicine. I'll have to try harder this time to tough it out.

Tom

Re: Please pray for me

Hi Tom,
I am really glad to hear you have gone back on your medication. I had some bad side affects with mine too in the beginning but after about a month they subsided.
The meds can't make you feel any worse than you do now.
There are lots of different kinds so don't get discouraged. You just have to find the right combination. Do you have a good Dr, one that you trust?
God will not let you be destroyed. Even though your feelings are screaming the opposite, you are going to be O.K.
I pray for you every day and I will continue to do so.
Let us know how you are doing so we can encourage you.
laura

Re: Re: Please pray for me

I pray for healing for you however and whenever God sees fit. I pray for the joy of the Lord (not your own joy) to be your strength. I pray for you to know God more in this time. He loves you so much! I pray for you to really know this in your heart even if you don't feel it at this time.

I also encourage you (if you haven't already done so) to talk to a trusted counsellor; this really helped me, in addition to a trusted doctor and medication, to learn things about myself that helped me make choices to better deal with my depression.

Laurie

Re: Re: Re: Please pray for me

Hi Laurie,

Thanks for the kind, encouraging words. And thanks for your prayers.

Tom

Re: Re: Re: Re: Please pray for me

You're welcome!