Christian's With Depression Message Board

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com 

Christian's With Depression Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
To Lift You Up

Hi everyone,

I had such an encouraging talk with one of my good friends yesterday, and I just wanted to share it with all of you.

My friend loves to write, and she also struggles with a chronic medical condition, not depression, but fibromyalgia.

Because of her love of writing, a contact of hers recently invited her to a writing group put on by the local branch of the national mental health association in my area. The group was originally started up by the "writer in residence" (professional writer) where I live with the mandate "to write for health." (The founding writer of the group has history of depression and a heart to help others heal.)

Now, I believe that all good things (including good health!) come from God, but I also believe that God can use the good people and things that he has created (whether it be counsellors, anti-depressents, other medications, the Internet and this website, friends, the Bible, a good book, artwork, or writing) to help to heal us and maintain good health.

I love the arts...and it was so exciting for me to hear about this writing group! I'd love to go, but the timing now doesn't seem right (as I wrote in previous posts, I tend to often try to do too many things at once...)

I praise God so much for the ways that he works in our lives according to how he created us--our skills, abilities, gifts, passions, dreams, and hopes. I pray for all of us--that we would be courageously receptive and open to the ways that God will bring peace and contentment (that does not depend upon our feelings) to our souls if we depend upon him.

Laurie

Re: To Lift You Up

Thank you for that note of encouragement.
I have had fibromyalgia for 15 years, adrenal gland exhaustion for the past five years and just found out this past year that I have bi-polar2 with clinical depression.
I used to be an encourager, always doing, but it has been a real struggle this past five years. I don't think my close friends truly understand what I am going through and their well meaning scripture encouragement and faith building stuff can get frustrating, for I really am trying. I feel like I can be socialable for awhile (including dear children and husband) and then feel the need to escape to my home and be or isolation to "be myself".