Christian's With Depression Message Board

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com 

Christian's With Depression Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Depressed

Hi all,
I'm new here. I just happened to stumbled across the site. I am a Christian and my doctor diagnosed me with depression and anxiety about 3 weeks ago.

I just need to express myself to others who understand. My husband doesn't understand and that doesn't help me any.

I feel like I'm drowning. I don't want to be responsible for anything, I'm afraid of failing at school and getting a job...all I care about is my baby girl. She's my one bright spot in the middle of the gloom. I feel normal when I'm caring for her and holding her. In all other areas, I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle. I feel like I'm losing my best friend and my marriage because of all of this. I almost feel like I'm in bondage. I do things and then I'm afraid of the consequences, and when I'm doing them it's like it doesn't matter and I don't care and I figure what's the point.

I feel like I'm a failure so what does it matter what I do? It's just one more thing I'm failing at. It had gotten so bad that I've lied about things just to try to keep a bit of sanity and avoid confrontation in order to keep from feeling more miserable, but that doesn't work and I know it.

Can everyone please pray for me and keep me uplifted? I don't like feeling this way. I don't feel like me. I feel like someone or something else has taken over my mind sometimes. I want to feel normal and happy again. I want to have my relationship with my husband back.

Re: Depressed

Dear Karla,
You are precious in God's sight. He is not unaware of what you are going through. He is not the one that is judging you. I know that when I am going through the dark days, I don't feel God's presence and I have to hold on to what I know is true, God's promises.

Has your Dr. suggested any type of antidepressant? It has been a lifesaver for me. I am praying for you. There are people who understand and know what you are going through. Hang onto Jesus. Remember, this is a season and will not go on forever. I am also lifting up your husband in prayer, that God will give him insight into what you are going through.

Love Liz