Christian's With Depression Message Board

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com 

Christian's With Depression Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
discouraged and hopeless

Hi all
I just need to get this off my chest. I have felt so up and down I don't know if my medication is working or not. I was feeling good for a while but then it all went down hill. As a Christian I feel like a fraud I go through the motions of being a Christian and I know the "correct" things to say, but I am so far from having a relationship with God.

Re: discouraged and hopeless

Hi Amy,
I hope you read some of the posts on this website. I think you will be greatly encouraged by the things already said by others who are going through the same thing you are.
Don't go by how you feel dear one, go by what the word of God says. It's O.K. not to "feel" like a Christian when you are going through bouts of depression and having a dark season. You might "feel" far from Him but He has you in the palm of His hand and He will never let you go. He has a plan especially made just for you. It includes the good, bad and the ugly but when it's all said and done, you will be a vessel of honor used by the Master for an eternal purpose.

Sometimes it takes awhile to get adjusted with our meds. Keep in communication with your Dr and eventually your emotions will even out.
Praying for you
laura