Christian's With Depression Message Board

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com 

Christian's With Depression Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"There is Hope"

Hi There,
I wanted to let you know that there is hope fro depression. I have had depression for 30+ yrs. I have been on meds steadily since 1995. I know the guilt and shame you feel because of the way you are and when people don't undersatand you, that just adds to the guilt, shame, and hopelessness. You are not alone. Some people don't understand that mental illness is as real as diabetes, heart desease, cancer or any other illness, my Doctor say it's because there is no test that you can do and have it in black and white, that this is what depression is from or is.

There are many reasons for depression. But if you've found out that you have chronic depression, a chemical imbalance, this is not your fault. You did nothing to deserve this, nor is it a weakness in you. I go for councelling and see a Doctor from Dikon, which is the Lutherns way of obeying Jesus and lending a helping hand to people. My councellor is a Christian and he is helping me to see this is not my fault and trying to help me be able to accept myself and this illness and find ways to work with it.

Tuesday I will see the Doctor who specializes in this illness and see about having my meds changed and what else I can do to be able to live my live and not let this depression controll me, but find ways to work thru it. I know that Jesus can use this as a gift to help others and bring Glory to His Name. I don't believe Jesus put this one me anymore than He would put sicknesses on people. He loves us and care for us very much. He was a man of sorrows and aquaited with the bitterest of grief, so He can feel what we do.

I know He can turn this around and bring good from it. Hang in there the best is yet to come and you will be ok. No matter what anyone tells you, this is not your fault, nor is it a choice. I know what you are going thru and I care very much about you.
In Christ Jesus' Love,
Born Again by Gods' Marevelous Grace

Re: "There is Hope"

Hello There,
Is there anyone out there? I was hoping to find Christain friends here, so we could encourage each other and support each other. I could really use some friends who love Jesus and know what depression does to you.
Thanks,
Born Again