Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Friday Evening Track Session

You may or may not know that I've been trying to get a regular track session on the go for PLS.

Every Friday from 6-7pm we will be teaming up with Mossley Hill to hold a session at Wavertree. Entrance is through the tennis centre and you must pay £3.50 on the door.
We have access to the tennis centre facilities for changing and showers etc - no spikes needed and we run whatever the weather! Some weeks I'll set the session and other weeks we will join in with Mossley Hill.
All groups and levels welcome to the session of course and sessions will vary every week usually around 4-5k total of efforts - as fast as you can run.

I'm not an athletics coach but I love running on the track and I can't get out of bed to make parkrun so figured this was a good alternative :-)
Hope to see you there and reply here if you have any questions

Katie J 👍

Re: Friday Evening Track Session

Track session this Friday 6-7pm @Wavertree
Both Ian from MH and myself are away this week (18th Aug)track lovers. I'll set a simple session (but a toughie) of 10x 400m (90sec rest between reps) and 3 min bonus rest after 5
Meet at the usual time 5:50 at Wavertree Tennis Centre - £3.50 on the door.
Would anyone like to volunteer to lead the session as such (just keeping track of the rest times) ?
On Friday 25th Ian will be there to lead the way and I'll be back in September 👍💪🏻🏃🏽‍♀️
Enjoy

Don't forget - track session tomorrow evening at Wavertree 6-7pm
£3.50 to be paid at the tennis centre reception. Ian Williams from MH will be leading the way đŸƒđŸťđŸƒđŸ˝‍♀️ Enjoy and see you next week đŸ‘

Track session is on again tonight - 6-7pm at Wavertree
Don't forget your £3.50 - pay at the tennis centre and see you on the track đŸ‘

I will be there, Katie. Thank you for organising this!

Track session is on again tonight - 6-7pm at Wavertree
Don't forget your £3.50 - pay at the tennis centre and see you on the track đŸ‘

Late track session post ... I'll be down at the track tonight but not taking part - saving the old legs for the weekend. Ian is also away.
So if anyone wants to come down, meet me in reception at Wavertree and we'll head onto the track at 6pm don't forget your £3.50
3 lap warm
5x400m
5x300m
5x200m
Be careful if you are racing this weekend - it's definitely not a pre race session - rest is best 👍

What better way to set up your weekend than with a Friday track session? No dog walkers, potholes, slippy leaves, low hanging trees or chippy smells to distract you from some eyeballs out, full on efforts. No traffic lights to save you I'm afraid... all abilities welcome and this week you're in the safe hands of Ian from MH 👍🙌🏻👏🏻
£3.50 payable at the tennis centre reception @ Wavertree
6.7pm

Don’t forget track tonight - 6-7pm £3.50 at Wavertree tennis centre (free if you’re a lifestyles member) Neither Eamonn or I can make it tonight (I’ll be at the graveyard of runners aka yoga class and the pool) so our Nigel Foo will be there to put you through your paces. All levels/abilities/speeds welcome #getyourtrackon 🙌🏻