Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Men's Relay Squads for NW and Northern Road Relays

Good Afternoon Striders, I hope you are well.

We are now fast approaching the entry deadlines for these events so time is running out to do one of two things; 1) Enter or 2) Withdraw.

The first event is on Saturday 9th September in Blackpool and these are the Four Stage NW Road Relays. At this moment in time we are 1 man short of five full teams. Here are the members of the squad:
Andy Cantwell
Phil Riding
Jay Clarke
Gavin Melia
Mal Gordon
Neil Hannett
Josh Keogh
Alex Cowin
Colin Dobbs
Eamonn Brady
Martin Swensson
Steve Holmes
Neil Bullock
Chris Maher
Jerome Doyle
Rob Garth
Andrew Troy
Tony Green
Richard Stafford

The second event is on Saturday 16th September in Manchester and these are the Six Stage Northern Road Relays. Again, at this exact moment we are 1 man short of five full teams. Here are the members of the squad:
Andy Cantwell
Andy Biddle
Scott Montgomery
Simon Birtles
Graham Douglas
Phil Riding
Josh Keogh
Alex Cowin
Colin Dobbs
Mike O'Rourke
Sam Evans
Eamonn Brady
Martin Swensson
Steve Holmes
Neil Bullock
Barry Bright
Ste Gorman
Mal Balmer
Chris Maher
Tony Peacock
Andy Keeley
Mike Devereux
Jerome Doyle
Jay Clarke
Andrew Troy
Tony Green
Richard Stafford
James Roberts
John Jensen

In order to ensure that entries and team selections go smoothly, can you let me know if:
- Your name is on here and shouldn't be
- Your name isn't on here and should be
- You want to take part in either or both events
- You can no longer take part

I am staggered by this response! We have never been in a position to send five full teams to these events before so I am really excited by the prospect. We are so close to doing it too!

It would be awesome if we could use the forum (replying below) to get these two events over the line as I am worried about missing a vital piece of info. I will post on FB too, but if you can please stick your responses here, Colin and I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks

Re: Men's Relay Squads for NW and Northern Road Relays

Hi Andy / all..gonna have to be that one who has to withdraw from 16 Sept...boy child is leaving home that day for Uni and I think it would be frowned on if I wasn't there....and drove him to Leeds 🤐...sorry guys, Hope you understand and SMASH the relays 👍

Hi Andy,

I'll be able to do the 16th September, can you put us on one of the later legs. In work till 1pm so will probably get there just after 2pm.

Neil

Transfer Deadline Day Deals
OUT
Ste Gorman (16th)

IN
Neil Hennigan (16th)
Marty Hirrell (both events)

***FIVE COMPLETE TEAMS***

Hi Andy - re relays on 9th September, please put me down for a later leg. I have to go to a school open evening with the eldest in the morning so may be running a bit late. Many thanks, Gavin.

I can do the 16th if anyone else pulls out :) or you wanna aim for legendary status and make a 6th team!!

I'm in for the 16th Andy if it helps...
Nigel F

Nigel F and James S added to the squad.

Wow! We are now 3 men short of 6 full teams!

Arm twisting time...there WILL be sandwiches!

Morning Andy,

I have just found out i am in work until 1 on Saturday 16th.. I should make it but just to be sure can you put me on one of the later legs?

Cheers

Richard

Hi Andy,

as mentioned last night an early leg (2nd or 3rd) would be helpful as I've got the kids in tow.

Ta

I want to say thanks for informing users about Penny lane striders this is soo informative. Many users want to best essay to collect this type of good detail. It may be a good source for our new generation. It is an unbreakable part of growing countries.