Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ex member Laurence Testrow

We have received a message today from the daughter Tracey Nairn of an ex-PLS member Laurence Testrow who ran with the club for many years.

“I am saddened to inform you that he passed away on the 27th December 2017. I wanted to thank the club for the memories that it gave dad - he had dementia but when we spoke about his running days he would smile and respond so we had something to connect with him. Names I remember he mentioned were Glynn and Harry - they were all in the senior category.
So again thank you for making a horrible cruel disease a little bearable with his running days.
Tracey”

Re: ex member Laurence Testrow

We have been advised that the funeral is on Friday 12th January at 2.15pm at All Souls Church, Springwood.

Thank you.

Known affectionately as 'Larry' who was part of the group known as 'The PLS Geriatrics'
I am probably their age now from from when they ran. Larry, Billy 'the Bin' Collinson, Harry Brown, Glynn Jones, John Coulthard, Ted Maden, Kevin O'Brien (who is still running with us), Jim Daley, Charlie Rankin, Phil Quinn and Myles Buckley. They where all great steady paced runners who us younger members learned at lot from, especially how to pace over distance.
Fondly remembered Larry, RIP.

. . . and how could I forget to add, Ted Lloyd. A PLS stalwart of the club and a fantastic Chairman for many years.
What a great group of people and fantastic runners from all walks of life who came together as friends linked by their enjoyment of running which had no boundaries.

Nice words Joe. As a footnote, Billy the Bin is still listed as an active football referee in the Liverpool County FA Handbook. I'm not sure how much whistling he's actually doing tho'!