Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wirral September Multi Terrain Series - Final Instructions

Hi all,
Further to previous correspondence (apologies if this is your first correspondence – I’ve been trying to get a definitive list together). These are the final instructions for the Wirral September Multi Terrain Series. The dates are:

3th. Sept. Royden Park, Frankby, 7.00pm
10th. Sept.Wirral Country Park, Thurstaston, 7.00pm.
17th. Sept, Harrison Drive, Wallasey 6.30pm.
24th. Sept. Arrowe Park Golf Course, Arrowe Park 6.30pm.

This competition is open to First Claim members UK Athletics affiliated clubs. Second claim runners may participate if their first claim club does not participate in the competition.
Runners must run in their recognised club colours.
Full series rules are below.

IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE:
1.Each participating club must provide the League with a contact (name, address, telephone number, and e-mail if possible) and provide a team manager for each race and one Marshall.
2.Entry fee of £1 per athlete per race, to be collected by each team manager and handed to one of the League Officials at each race (we will review the £1 entry after this series)
3.I need now to have a list of your affiliated athletes, preferably in excel format, indicating ….. name, age, gender, category (as per attached rules) and date of birth. This is really important to facilitate to compiling of results. Please e-mail to me at nigel@therunnershub.net

Many thanks,
Nigel
Nigel Crompton
07709 895254

RULES

This competition is open to First Claim members of:
Birkenhead, Buckley, Chester Tri, Deestriders, Ellesmere Port Runners, Helsby, Knowsley Harriers, Liverpool Running Club, Mersey Tri, UTS, BTR Runners, Penny Lane Striders, Pensby Runners, Picton, Wallasey, West Cheshire, Wirral, plus other UK Athletics affiliated clubs.
Second claim runners may participate if their first claim club does not participate in the competition.
Runners must run in their recognised club colours.

Senior race distances will be between 6.5K - 8K.
Minimum age on the night for senior (main) event is 15.
Junior (U.15 and over 12) races will be approx. 2 mile.

Each participating club must provide the League with a contact (name, address, telephone number, and e-mail if possible) and provide a team manager for each race and one Marshall.

Trophies will be awarded for the series as a whole. The number of trophies per category will depend on entry. Individual awards will be based on best position in three out of four races unless two or more athletes are on equal points. In this instance the award will go to the highest finisher in the fourth race or third race if neither athlete competes in the final race.
Age categories for individuals are as follows :
Female: U.20, U.30, U.40, O.40, O.50 O60 Male: U.20, U.30, U.40, O.40, O45, O50, O55, O60
Plus overall individual awards for the best three females and males.
Ages as at first race.
Teams to score over all four races. Males teams to consist of 5 athletes, Female teams to consist of 3
athletes. Should teams be on equal points then position of last scorer in last race will be used to
allocate the team position.
Team awards to go to first 3 teams plus first B team.
In addition to the above, there will be spot prizes plus awards for the male and female winners of
each race.
Junior medals based on best three out of four races, unless athletes are on equal points then the
highest finisher in fourth race will be taken into account. Awards will go to first three of each sex.
There will be no team awards only individual awards and spot prizes for juniors.
Any concerns or issues should initially be raised with Steve Saunders who will consult with the Race
Officials. The Race Officials decision is final.

Entry fee of £1 per athlete per race, to be collected by each team manager and handed to one of
the League Officials at each race.
Beyond expenses, monies raised are for trophies/medals and spot prizes.

Each team manager will need to collect athlete entry sheet plus results envelopes from the race
HQ.
Numbered Tallies will be issued at the finish to indicate finishing position. The completed envelope
(with finishing tallies) should to be handed to one of the League Officials at end of each race. Please
ensure all tallies are returned as they are reused for each race.
A full set of results will be forwarded to Club Contacts as soon as is practical and will also be
available at subsequent races in the series.

League Officials:
Series Director: Nigel Crompton (Pensby Runners) nigel@therunnershub.net 07709 895254
Treasurer: John Keyworth (Pensby) 53 Grange Cross Lane, West Kirby, Wirral, CH48 8BL Tel: (0151)
625 9807

Race Directors:
Royden Park: John Keyworth Tel: (0151) 625 9807
Harrison Drive: Mel Schless Tel: (0151) 639 2642
Wirral Country Park, Thurstaston: Mike Lamb Tel: (0151) 355 2520
Arrowe Park: Andy Waring Tel: 07731 588596

Notwithstanding the above UK athletics rules apply.

Re: Wirral September Multi Terrain Series - Final Instructions

I will probably do them all, can the committee confirm that this list has been sent and maybe E-mail me a copy to take with me

Re: Wirral September Multi Terrain Series - Final Instructions

Marty,
Andy K sent the list on Wed.
Nigel C. will pass a copy to you/anyone else on the night, as Steve S. used to do.
Text me if in doubt.