Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Total warrior

Hi folks happy new year to all at PLS :there is a event on Saturday 2nd August 2014 called the TOTAL WARRIOR in the Lake District it's a 10k course of everything u can imagine looks like real fun , or Sunday 3rd August which is a 10 miler. course entry fee before 20th February is £55 for either one ..was thinking about hiring minibus approx charged £10/12 each first 16 names down and paid in full secures place .this is open to all at PLS and in my experience it's a great way to build spirit and unity .. Would appreciate some feedback on which day and race that would suit best 10k Saturday or 10mile Sunday will be keeping this post open till 15th February then will have to make decision on hire of minibus .. Dale has also kindly offered his name for another contact so if interested give your name and money to either Dale or Jerome

Ps...Sorry I don't have linkup for race, but if you look up Total Warrior Lake District you will find. Your responsible for your own race entry.

Love and joy to all for 2014 #ONELIFE-ONECLUB

Re: Total warrior

I will have a place on the minibus. sounds like a good day out. i will get the money to you

I say go for the 10 mile sunday. if im going to be getting electrocuted in mud then i want enough time to savour it

Good stuff Dale got a few ideas for making it a day 2 remember food,drink , sing song.. I do a deadly version of in the ghetto by Elvis lol ....

Yes I'm hoping most people will go for Sunday 10 miler ,, but will make final decision on feedback

Have a look at rat race dirt weekend. It's slightly more expensive but a lot harder. In a nut shell 20 mile assault course

On the other hand I was going to suggest we do the 10k so we can attract as many people from the different running groups as possible.

Just a thought, but I think it would be good to do it as a team event - as Jerome rightly pointed out it does wonders for the collective soul.

Maybe we could stop racing each other and be hippies for one day. I promise to keep my clothes on.

Thanks Cristina wat ever most ppl want 10k r 10miles I'm easy .. Food drink sing song now taking cloths off keeps getting better and better lol .......

Well there goes my main motivation for doing an obsicle course run trough mud in the lake district, racing other striders.
suppose i will just have to malke do with having a laugh with frends.
jerome you have my feedback on distance but i will go with the flow