Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanks for another great XC season!

Great turnout at the last fixture of the Sunday League at Birchwood today. In the end the girls were 6th on the day and 6th overall and the boys 2nd on the day and 2nd overall. It was a very close competition for the boys and in the end only two points separated us from 1st place.

Martin retained his individual men's title for the 3rd time, a fantastic result for the club!

Apart from the obvious (Martin won the race) I do not have official details of the other counters for either team until I see the results so please accept a truly well done from me to each and every one of you.

You all make my job a pleasure even when I try my hardest to be miserable. Beautiful people inside and out you lot.

ETA:
Counters for the boys were: Martin Swensson, Lawrence Eccles, Stephen Watkin, Alex Cowin and Sam Evans

Counters for the girls: Louise Warn, Pam Thurtle and Gill Darby

Anna Watkin very kindly stepped in to do the results while I was playing in the mud and also took some brilliant photos that are now showing up on facebook here. I hope the link works because PLS is a closed group.

Pinno was also on standby - as soon as he starts posting photos on flickr I will link them here.

Brilliant, brilliant job everybody. I'm enjoying this so much I really hope my contract gets renewed next year

Re: Thanks for another great XC season!

Top chef Anna also supply brownies to all PLS at the finish. Had she been up all night baking them!?

Re: Thanks for another great XC season!

I can't believe we nearly did it again!
I have been running cross country since... well ever ;D but nothing compares to the amazing buzz I get every time I put on my PLS vest and spikes!
And even if I'm no longer a counter, the feeling is possibly stronger than ever!
The camaraderie and the banter make every meter worthwhile...

Grazie Cristina and thanks everybody else for making this the BEST RUNNING CLUB to be in!

Now I've exhausted the cheesiness, I've got a msg for the women....
Get your act together, I want you TOP 3 next season!
No excuses ;D

Did I mention cross country is good for you?
It’s good for the mind and the soul, not to mention your running career..... GUARANTEED!
See me for more info...

Ciao
Simo