Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Another Chan-actor-filled movie: "Across the Pacific" (1942)

Aloha Rush,

"Across the Pacific," AKA "The Maltese Falcon (gang) Goes to War," is another great film to spot Charlie Chan actors in non-Chan roles. I love the scene where Victor Sen Yung tries to be Bogart's pal. (Yung to Bogart: "We should hang out.") Bogie brushing him off. (Bogart to Yung: "In your dreams.") I'm paraphrasing a tad. It's great fun between Bogart and Yung.

If you like this film, check out "The Man With Bogart's Face" (1980). In every scene that Mr. Yung appears in, he has a falcon on his shoulder. A reference to above mentioned film.

A must-see for Chan film fans. Enjoy.

Hawaii_Steve

Re: Another Chan-actor-filled movie: "Across the Pacific" (1942)

Aloha, Steve!

I vaguely recall hearing about "The Man With Bogart's Face" (1980 was a busy year for me!). I'll have to check that one out, especially because our Number Two Son is in it!

I, too, enjoyed the Victor Sen Yung parts in "Across the Pacific" where he was playing up the "hep" American kid bit...to the hilt!

Take care, and I know that you are rightfully enjoying life "on the other side of the Island"!

Sincerely,
Rush