Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Boomerang has returned .

Dear Steve,

Welcome back!

I received the letter along with the cherished Winner's Coin for this year and the article on Phar Lap's sad demise. I may try to scan it and include it with our image for our Chat on Monday.

Could you please send me a list of the horses who will race in this year's race, please? I can look them up, but, to be safe, can you send me the latest information, please?

Take care, and we shall see you, hopefully, for the Melbourne Cup.

Sincerely,
Rush

Re: Re: The Boomerang has returned .

Wow , it seems like only a few days ago I posted that envelope . I just looked up the latest feild for the Cup and they still have 50 horses listed ! Only about 25 will actually run . And one of the favourites a British horse has just been put down due to some accident in training . There is always something dramatic happening in the lead up to the race .
One of the most charming tradtions of the Cup is the day before when all the previous winners still in the country parade down the main street , even ones from 25 years ago are still around living in pampered retirement . Thousands of people turn out to cheer the old champions .
I'll have a better idea of the field after the weekend .
See ya , STEVE

Re: Re: Re: The Boomerang has returned .

How many men would enjoy that kind of pampered "retirement", especially since many of they are put the dreary second job of "stud"!

Welcome Back, Steve!

Virginia

Re: Re: Re: The Boomerang has returned .

Dear Steve,

Thank you! This should be a very fun evening. We have, usually, around a dozen "regulars" for our Chats these days. We'll see how many turn out for the Big Race.

Sincerely,
Rush