Return to Website

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board

Welcome to our Message Board. Please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or information.

The Charlie Chan Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Charlie Chans Courage

Your Information Has Been Quite Helpful And I Thank You For Such A Timely Reply.

Both My Grandparents Are Unfortunately Deceased But I Have Faith That They Are In A Much Better Place. We Have Discovered Many Treasures Hidden In Every Corner Of The House Including A Hand Painted Tea Set That Bears A Mark On The Bottom That Reads "Made In Occupied China" And I Am Sure That Over The Following Months We Will Discover Many More Curiosities.

I Have No Plans To Sell This Poster That I Have In My Possession. I Plan On Displaying It Along Side A Framed Front Cover From A Copy Of "The Shadow Magazine" And A Radio From The Early 40's That I Am In The Process Of Restoring.

The Missing Letter On The Poster Is A Mystery To Me Still. As I Have Said The Inscription On The Bottom Is Perfectly Centered And It Does Not Appear That The Poster Has Been Cut Or Altered In Any Way. My Background In Printing Leads Me To Believe That This May Be A Misprint As There Is Also A White Stripe Or Border On The Right Side That Is Equal To The Missing Section On The Left. As I Understand It That Has The Possibility Of Either Adding Or Subtracting To It's Value But Personally To Me It Is Priceless.

Any Ideas On A Website Or An Appropriate Memorabilia Dealer I May Be Able To Interact With To Further Understand This Mystery Would Indeed Be Appreciated.

Now If Only I Could Find A Copy Of The Movie This Poster Advertises.

Blessings,
~Adam

Re: Re: Re: Charlie Chans Courage

I read the poster description. Could not find film either. Do not know if Fox has a master. Drue Leyton (Dorothy Leyton) is in this one and several other Chans. What a life: Mexico, US and the French Resistence! If I hear of the film being around, I'll post. Has to be out there somewhere. Best of luck,
PGF

Re: Re: Re: Re: Charlie Chans Courage

Dear Patrick,

Sadly, "Charlie Chan's Courage" is one of the four "lost" Chan films. Still, hope reigns eternal that a print of that or any of the others may appear somewhere, someday. Until then, please take a look at our collection of illustrated scripts for these currently missing movies elsewhere at our humble Web site.

Sinceely,
Rush Glick