Christian's With Depression Message Board

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com 

Christian's With Depression Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: finding a christian counselor or psychiatrist/my story

Thank you all so much for your responses. It truly is wonderful to hear from you all on this. I'm still feeling pretty down. Today was especially hard. I'm trying to get help and am waiting on an appointment with a counselor right now. What's been really hard about this is when I get depressed it's so hard for me talk to people - all I feel like doing is hiding away, but at the same time I really long to be able to be honest with my friends about what's going on. It's very lonely to conceal my depression from them and to have to bear this problem in secret. Several times when I've been around people lately I've come close to breaking down but I never have the nerve to admit that anything's wrong. Sharing on this board makes all this a little less burdensome, so thank you all for reading and posting. Please pray for me that I'll find a friend who I can really confide in because I know that's what Christian friendships are supposed to be like but it just seems so impossible right now.

mdpride

I just started seeing a couselor the past 2 weeks. I cried most of the time during our first session. I feel better this week after getting on medication, writing and talking. One of the best couselors I had was on the college campus that I attended. I pray that God directs you to a good couselor and perhaps you've seen one by the time you read this post.