Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com 

Christian's With Depression Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Maintain Prayer

David,
Thanks for your posting. Did you ever run into the source for that quote? I'll paste it in here:

"God is a God of grace who not only saves you from eternal death, but also saves you from a defeated life. He saves you by putting His Life in you."
(Not sure - will locate source)

God bless,
Chanin

Re: Maintain Prayer

David,
Thanks so much for sharing your heart with us.
I read your post several weeks ago, but in the midst of my very low period, I was blinded by your story. I did not read what I read today. It is amazing how depression can keep you from seeing the whole picture.

I cannot even begin to understand your pain, with having 2 close people commit suicide. I am glad you are turning it into a positive situation in finding a better way to live this life of depression. I can quote from a few old testament characters who wanted to die as well. So this is definitely nothing new under sun to God. He has had many followers and leaders wanting to come home to Him sooner than He would like. I too fall in that category. I would love to let go of this life of depression to be in glory land. Although, He has a different plan for me. I am so glad to have come across this message board. I hope we all can keep in touch and keep each other focused on the purpose of living even if we have to do it with sadness.

Yes I like the quote that you didn't have the author. Could you please give us the author, I want to use it.

God bless, may He continue to strengthen you each and every day.