Penny Lane Striders

Forum: Penny Lane Striders
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Birchwood x country

Final match of the season folks. Its a 10am start at Birchwood forest park in Warrington. Lets have a really good turn out for the last one and you never know we might jump a place. Both teams are currently 4th. Don't forget if your racing elsewhere these races will not count towards the championship. See yerz Sunday

Re: Birchwood x country

Hi Mal,

Can you point me at any directions to this fixture? I could google Birchwood Forest Park but don't know if there are different carparks, where the start is etc.

Oonagh,
go on stevesaunders.co.uk and you'll find all the details...

anyway in brief..
1. M62 junction 11
2. follow warrington signs
3. left at next roundabout, sign "risley moss"
4. right at next roundabout, sign "forest park"
5. you're there!

ps. can I get a lift please?

thanks

Ciao
Simo

Of course Simone.

I have sent you a message.

Thanks Mal.

A bit last minute but nonetheless...

I'm planning to run back to Liverpool straight after the race, if anyone is interested...
Including the race it's roughly 28 miles altogether, pace will be at a steady 9 mins mile...

Any takers?

Ciao
Simo

Unfortunately it looks like our mascot Korky and his side kick bare foot Frank might have to miss Sunday due to Korky getting set upon the other day when they were out running. After some patching up by the vet he's on the mend. And Korky's and's ok too Get well soon Korky

Poor Korky.

And Simone, if you think better of it, we'll give you a lift back too!

Is there a meeting point anywhere to head there in convoy?
If there is I will have room for two in my car.

Hi Andy.

Is there still space available in your car? Could i catch a lift please?

Dean

Hi Dean,

No probs, where and what time is best for you?

Ta La

Hi Dean,
Apologies but I am currently sat in A&E so I won't be xc-ing today.
Hope you can still get up there.
Good luck and good run everyone.
Ta

Hope it's nothing serious Andy. All the best.

Thanks for all the support and encouragement today guys. A couple of visits from the f**k-up fairy hasn't put me off for next year.

See you Tuesday, I may have got the mud out by then xx

Top notch stuff today folks in testing conditions, well done today to all our runners and thanks to everyone who has represented us throughout the season. Great performances today from Eamonn,Sam,Michelle and debut from Mitch but performance of the day and player of the season for me has been Alex Morton. Well done Alex same time next year ?
Results are Ladies were 5th on the day and finished 5th overall.
Men were 4th on the day and finished 4th overall

Well Done everyone.

Just let me know where and when next yearMal I'll be there....enjoyed todays race haha

Deano

Results are up on Steve Saunders website. However I believe that overall our ladies should in fact be 4th equal. In race 2 they finished 3rd equal and should have been awarded 6 points not 5 points. This means their best 5 results makes 26 giving them equal 4th. So well done you ladies.

Well done everybody!

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed my first XC season (granted that I only managed 4 fixtures) and would encourage Striders of all abilities to have a go next year.

It's been somewhere between Wheeeeeeee! and Uuuuuuuurgh! An experience beautifully illustrated by Dave Pinnington's photo of these two LRC runners on Sunday.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davepinno/6806966232/sizes/l/in/photostream/

There are some fab pictures of Striders in the set too, but this one keeps making me smile.

Well done everyone. Next year I may well join you for a change.

I've also had an idea. Why don't we all merge into one giant club so we can all come first (ooh er missus etc)

Email  

Thanks Mal!
I had such a good time doing the Cross Country I will definitely be back next year. Everyone was really lovely supporting and encouraging me - thank you so much guys! x